Tell us about your case! What makes us different? Questions about Immigration?

Employment in Washington State

Obama Act – Deferred Action

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization. Deferred action is a discretionary determination to defer removal action of an individual as an act of prosecutorial discretion. Deferred action does not provide an individual with lawful status.

Employment Visa

The H-1B category is the most widely sought after visa classifications for employment in the United States when it comes to bringing foreign-born professionals temporarily to America.

A person may work in H-1B status for a maximum of up to six years. You may file an extension of stay if the individual is already in H-1B status and they are eligible for longer terms of employment. Exemptions may apply to certain people working on Department of Defense projects as far as their H-1B status is concerned.

It is usually common for an H-1B visa to be extended for 1 year or 3 years at a time. However, it is possible to get this visa approved for more than 6 years depending on the your employment based green card processing status. USCIS will generally not grant a petition for self-employed people.

H-1 visa holders can buy a house or any other real estate property in the USA and can also make investments such as in stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc..

Contact us for more information about how to apply for an H-1B visa or other types of employment visas.